URGENT! Garage Sale won't stay open!

After re-opening the empty one it has started downloading categories. Should I try getting it to open my file?

Uhm @hevydevy I have a doubt… did you touch the folder in containers while GS was open?

No, I moved it before opening the new one

Ok. Well, in my opinion 100.000 is like a punch… if you have another mac export a little number of listing, import and see if it works, then if it does CLOSE GS (make sure GS is close!!!), go in containers and manually paste a com.iwascoding folder copied from a backup before the problem started… then click on “sostitute” (still while GS is closed) and wait that the folder is completely copied. After this, open GS and cross fingers… I did so and then I had no more crashes (I mean not so often…), I hope this will work also for you…

There has to be a way to fix this. My whole livelihood depends on it. I can’t start over, there is no way to replicate the listings as many were waiting to be listed.

And shipping costs are going up January 15 and I can’t revise what is up already. Not to mention the $300 a month I pay Ebay and can’t access to sell anything…

Trying not to panic

Well, first of all, if you use GTC you have no reason to be (totally…) worried, you can start from zero and re-import your listing from eBay. That’s probably what you should try now, if you have trouble working with folder in library. Look out that I tried on myself that touching that folder is not the very best thing to do…

Concerning this:

told friendly, that’s probably your fault, on such a number you MUST using profiles through eBay itself and not GS. In this way you have a whole control above all your listing with just some clicks (under account in my eBay).

Maybe you missed a zero because you would be lucky, I pay 300 €/month but have about 1/20 of your listing… anyway, with a solid number of backups in your pocket you don’t have to be worried… I am sorry but I cannot help you more, that’s what I did and worked brilliantly… but DON’T do if you are not sure and wait other support…

Hi. No offense taken. To clarify, I don’t have over 100,000 listings there were just that many files in the containers (probably pictures etc).

I honestly didn’t know you could make changes outside of GS without messing it up.

Ah 100.000 files :grin:! I was bowing to you thinking how you could handle such a number of listings!! Sorry for misunderstanding

Concerning this: [quote=“hevydevy, post:23, topic:2350”]
I honestly didn’t know you could make changes outside of GS without messing it up.
[/quote]

Of course you can!! Just set profiles (=business policies) for shipping + payments + returns instead of manually enter them each time for each listing. This is VERY useful. Just to give you a practical idea, for my great happiness next week italian postage fees will increase at least 15%, so instead of modifying listing through GS I just go to my ebay>accont>manage business policies and do changes in global profiles through eBay, and that’s it. Absolutely no mess with GS since every listing uses profiles! And in some minutes all my active listings will be updated through eBay itself (and so also newly created listing with GS will automatically take that updated profile).
I know it’s OT, but give a look, I am sure it will help you very much! Business policies | eBay

Have a nice day/evening depending on where you are
Federico

So I decided to go back further to an older backup file but now GS will stay open but there is nothing on the screen. The task bar is there but nothing else. :disappointed:

That’s something really strange! Did you try to unistall and reinstall the application?

Maybe could you post a screenshot?

Yes, started completely new.

I can’t post a screenshot as I am attempting a full restore back to Dec 8. Is taking 12 hours.

When did the last update (not the current one) come out? It may have started after that.

Even when I clicked Preferences, the window came up but it was blank.

Good idea, restore entirely your mac as it was before and see if it works.

No, the system restore didn’t help. Still have only task bar and blank preferences window.

Could someone please tell me what is supposed to be included in the iwascoding/library folder? Mine seems to be full of stuff that isn’t supposed to be there.

That’s mine…

Never understood why there is all this stuff like desktop (in which there are all items I have on my desktop… and so other folders like movies???)

Thanks for that. I still don’t have a program. It has been almost a month I can’t work now. :disappointed:

Sorry but I cannot help you more :disappointed:

Maybe the very last thing you can try is creating a new user account, download the 7.0.5 version (avoid last beta because it has a memory leak issue), then copy on a USB the folder from an old back-up and sostitute it in the new account… I know it seems to be useless, but I don’t know what else you can do…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.