7.0.2.0 Non-stop crash, fresh install needed?

I went from totally problem-free one day to non-stop GS crashing the next.
[OS 10.13.6, GS 7.0.2.0]
Rebooting doesn’t help. No idea what else to do besides a fresh install.
If I just replace the app might it clear up the problem?
If necessary, how do I assure that I don’t lose all my listings, templates, records etc?
Thanks!
[Start of log below…]
Process: GarageSale [19190]
Path: /Applications/GarageSale 7.0.20.app/Contents/MacOS/GarageSale
Identifier: com.iwascoding.garagesale7
Version: 7.0.20 (856)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: GarageSale [19190]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2022-09-07 17:27:27.930 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G14042)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 3ED41A95-A3C9-2A8F-5F52-31EC2CF4C2B7

Time Awake Since Boot: 13000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 9 Dispatch queue: com.apple.NSURLSession-work

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000617d6dd1bec8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

1 Like

Is there a pattern that leads to the crash?

Please note that GarageSale 7 is an out-dated version. It’s worth a try to switch to the latest version GarageSale 9. You can test it for free and see how it works for you.

More about GarageSale 9:

Regards, Kristian

I am having exactly the same problem today.

Hello ! I’ve been having the same issue:

I tried the below and this did not solve the issue ~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale/

i used keychain access, searched garagesale and deleted the files - this worked and i could edit my listings

however the moment I add my ebay account profile to Garagesale the app crashes again.

Please help!

I don’t want to upgrade as i paid for a full version of garagesale and have many listings, more than the 50 limit :frowning:

3 Likes

I can only assume that GarageSale 7 finally got too old for eBay’s most recent token mechanism.

I was not able to reproduce this issue with GarageSale 9.
GarageSale 9 is up-to-date and supports eBay’s newest API.

Regards, Kristian

There’s no problem with the token, to update the token is possible!

Totally problem-free yesterday, non-stop crashing today.
There was an update of ebay-categories yesterday or a few days ago, I don’t remeber the date.
Could this be the problem?

Sure, maybe. That would explain why GarageSale 9 is not affected.
From the GarageSale 9 website:
“GarageSale 9 comes with a major overhaul of the underlaying network connectivity to support the new eBay API that will replace the current, deprecated API for attribute and category data.”

Also having the same problem.

Having no problems until around 3 hours ‘ish’ ago, was creating listings etc, now constantly crashes. I have updated tokens, downloaded new categories, reset Mac, but still no good, crashes after searching or selecting a listing. any suggestions other than buying the latest version would be gratefully received. Thanks

ok small update, if I turn off internet connection, GS works perfectly, can search, edit, everything, as soon I connect back on the net and try and select something else it crashes.

We just verified that these crashes are due to eBay finally turning off their old attribute API.

Initially, that move was anticipated for January '22, but it seems eBay delayed it until now. We informed our users about the upcoming change and its incompatibility with GarageSale 7 and 8 in October of 2021:

The solution is to upgrade to GarageSale 9, for which we re-built the internal attribute system to cope with this API change.

Just to be clear; have we reached the point where users who were sold a lifetime license with free updates have no option but to move to your monthly subscription model?

1 Like

We never sold GarageSale with that claim. Feel free to browse the Internet wayback machine to produce a proof for your claim. Here is a good starting point:

https://web.archive.org/web/20041009124909fw_/http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Not helpful. Are we at the point where users who haven’t switched to the subscription model are forced to do so to continue using the software?

There is still a license option available, even an upgrade license:

Regards, Kristian

So that’s a yes.

At my volume I need to subscribe to Pro. When I upgrade from 7.0.20 to 9.0.5, will I be able to subscribe to Pro within the update? Or is that done on your site before I download 9.0.5?

You can test GarageSale 9 for free and then decide in GarageSale if you want to purchase a license or subscribe to the GarageSale Pro service.

You can subscribe in the GarageSale preferences > Pro:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/GarageSale_Preferences-GarageSale_Pro.html

GarageSale 9 can import your previous GarageSale database on first launch. Please see help here for more helpful details:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Installation_and_Setup-Importing_your_database_from_a_previous_GarageSale_version.html

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, Kristian. I don’t see the option to subscribe to Pro within 7.0.20. Is that option in the download of GS9?

Just download and install GarageSale 9. If you open the GarageSale preferences in GarageSale 9 you’ll find a “GarageSale Pro” tab. There you can subscribe.

Regards, Kristian

Beautiful. Thanks for clarifying!