Ended & Deleted Listings from Garage Sale Remain in eBay for Sale

Correct. Because we have other sales channels we do not often have auto-restart going. Only a few of our items.

@ilja, @kristian, @mathis, @paul

This is a very serious problem that effects us, and several other users of GS, it appears. Our company is losing money due to this (pricing not updating due to old item still remaining in eBay), and items are up for sale on eBay that we are stopping on GS.

Please respond so that this can be resolved. I have left the current glitches up on eBay, so that we can work through it together. Please let me know what I can provide for you to help.

I am using the most current version of GS, sorry I omitted that originally.

I’m not entirely sure I’m understanding this issue.

A listing is running on eBay, which you started on GarageSale. GarageSale is now showing the listing as stopped, while eBay still shows it as running?

If that’s the case, do you still have such a running listing on eBay? Can you send a link as well as a screenshots from the running listing inspector in GS? Thanks.

You are correct. Here are the three items in one mallet section I noticed should not be listed, but are:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ollihess-Chakra-Mallet-Set-/282504906301
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ollihess-Chakra-Mallet-CH-3-/282504906300
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ollihess-Chakra-Mallet-CH-4-/272697559402

I’m not sure what the “running listing inspector is”, so I will send you the section these items should be in, and also a search:

Interesting, it seems you have the problem of the missing zoom too… first listing doesn’t have the zoom, the second one yes. It (might) mean that the first listing has been listed in the past 1-2 weeks… is it possible?

They appear to be started on the same day - Jun 01, 2017.

Can you export any of the listings that are running on eBay but shown as ended in GarageSale and send me the exported file?

There are several if, not dozens scattered about in eBay, I imagine. I only happened to come across the three in this one mallet section, and as this has been a re-occurring problem believe there are more…But we have over 1,000 active listings, so finding them all would be very difficult.
Should I go ahead and send you just the three I know of?

A single listing would be enough for now.

I went ahead and included the 3 mallets that should not be up for sale, as per Garage Sale. Thanks!

FileExchange_Response_39554596.csv.zip (7.5 KB)

Sorry, the CSV export doesn’t help me. Can you please use the “File” > “Export Listings” command and try again?

You are asking for an export from eBay, not Garage Sale, correct?

This was the more detailed export file I could get off of eBay, after calling their customer service, the guy said this was one of two possible exports I could get, and the other was less detailed.

No, I’m asking for an export from GarageSale.

One of the items (The chakra mallet set) is being listed twice, even though only one listing exists in Garage Sale.

Sending you an exported file of an item that IS listed in GS (such as the CH 3 Mallet or the CH 4 Mallet) isn’t going to really help you identify the problem, I fear.

Because I am concerned, not so much about items that are “stopped listings” or “sold listings” which glitch and are available…but more concerned that I don’t even KNOW what is up in eBay anymore because they do not appear in GS. Please refer to the Set of 4 mallets. There is only one of these sets listed in GS, but 2 in eBay. This is most concerning, and I can’t export you a file that doesn’t exist in GS.

It would help because I could compare GarageSale’s internal state of these listing with what’s online on eBay.

Here are the export files for the CH 3 and the CH 4 mallets. I hope they can help you.

I still don’t know how they will help you figure out this issue I raised?

Exported listings - Chakra Mallets CH3 CH4.gslisting.zip (968.6 KB)

I imported your atttached listings and also checked your CH3 and CH4 listing online at eBay.
As far as I can tell these are all different listing, they all have a different eBay item ID!

CH3 on eBay, item ID: 282504906300
CH3 listing in GarageSale (ended), item ID: 272296633604

CH4 on eBay, item ID: 272697559402
CH4 listing in GarageSale (ended), item ID: 282089896093

So, the listings in your GarageSale are different “versions” of the listings on eBay. You maybe relisted/started them outside GarageSale or you relisted/started them from within GarageSale but then deleted them by accident and keep the other, ended ones.

Regards, Kristian

Okay, that makes some sense to me, though I thought if I updated “all orders” and “all listings” that there was a synchronizing process that occurred. Thanks for letting me know.

In the case with the two single mallets, it’s not not nearly as big of a deal as the case of the set of 4 chakra mallets. The item which was listed Jun 01, 2017 wasn’t showing up at all in GS. Why is that? It happens often enough that I can’t be confident we actually have the items available which are listed.

You could try to use the “Import from My eBay” command use the “Hide already imported”-checkbox (sprocket button) to import the eBay listings, that GarageSale doesn’t know about.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.