GarageSale 7.0.16 Beta 3 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

The third beta version of GarageSale 7.0.16 is available for you to download from the URL below:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.16b3.dmg

What’s new in this beta version

• fixed a problem where URLs to eBay stores containing spaces weren’t correctly embedded into listing descriptions
  • fixed missing drag image in listing editor mode (thanks @Neal)
  • copying images from editor mode and pasting them into other applications works again (thanks @Neal)
  • double-clicking placeholder image in preview mode open media browser window (thanks @Professor-Pip)
  • when creating listings from inventory items, the currency of the new listing matches the currency of the default eBay site (thanks @Leon)

What’s new in GarageSale 7.0.16

• spinning progress indicator is shown again while searching
  • the “Open image in External Editor” detects file changes more reliably
  • only shows return policy description text box, if this option is supported on the selected site
  • only sends return policy description in AddItemRequest, if this option is supported on the selected site
  • added ‘useGlobalShipping’ tag to xml import file format tag
  • fixes glitches in variations panel on upcoming macOS Mojave
  • state of “automcomplete tags” context menu option in Markdown mode is saved to prefs
  • no longer quits when app is hidden during listing launch and auto-close launch window option is set
  • fixed crash when “Reveal Original” was invoked on orphaned item in a smart group
  • added workaround for invalid URLs to eBay store received by eBay’s API
  • fixed a bug in the variations panel that could cause image information to be lost when deleting columns

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

In this newest beta version, when selecting multiple items in the left pane list, the center pane seems to have “lost/forgotten” my center pane column selections and column order.

Actually, it is just not reading/using my changes/preferences. If I go back to the previous beta build, the correct columns and format is still being shown. 7.0.16b2 works, 7.0.16b3 does not work.

Any other preferences/Setting that might not be read/used correctly in this latest build???

See 2 screen shots below.

Neal

Version 7.0.16b2:

Version 7.0.16b3:

Hello ilja,

Thank you for the continuous improvement of the Software.

Using a previous version of GarageSale 7.0.x, which are the necessary steps to upgrade whilst keeping the database?

Could you please add a small chapter “Upgrading GarageSale” in the “Installation and Setup” section of the manual, telling which steps are necessary in the case of upgrades between minor versions, with these two scenarios:

• upgrade from 7.0.m to 7.0.n
  • upgrade from 7.x.* to 7.y.*

Is a payment required when upgrading between minor versions?

There are no special steps required. Just run the new version. You can switch back to a previous version in the same series without expecting problems.

No, we would have explicitly told you, if a payment would have been required.

Very strange, as we didn’t make any chances to that part of the software.

When you makes changes to your table configuration in Beta 3, are those changes preserved after a restart?

“are those changes preserved after a restart?”
Yes, Strange. I’m afraid to try it… :flushed:

Just switching between the last 2 builds (b2+ and b3), and works or doesn’t work…

Also after switching back to the previous b2 build, I now get the “software update” dialog for the version b3 when I launch the b2 version. Not sure this has happened before for beta versions…

Neal

Not sure I remember getting, or should be getting, a Software Update dialog for Beta versions???

Here is the Software Update dialog… Also, the text in the middle looks funny “li>spinning”???

Neal

Hi Neal,

Thank you for your feedback.
There is a small typo in the update info. It should be corrected now.

You’re right, often the update dialog does not appear in beta versions. We just “turned a switch” so that the update dialog is shown for that beta version.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Ilja,

Well… I did a bit more investigating of this issue…

I started with b2 (and only 6 columns showing in different sizes and different order), and then did a upgrade to b3 through the “Check for Updates” menu command to upgrade.

And… The middle columns got reset to the default view.

So… I reconfigured the columns in b3. Quit and Relaunch b3 app and the column configuration stays. Good.

I then quit and launched b2. Columns look good in b2. Quit and Relaunch b3 app, and columns reset to defaults.

So… It appears that if I stay in b3 all is good.

But… “upgrading” from b2 to b3 will reset all column data, widths, column order, and columns selected to show.

So… Maybe the new b3 is saving a newer version of this window view configuration data and is deciding to reset everything to defaults when reading the preferences for a previous version??? Or b2 is saving a newer version and b3 can not read it???

Neal

Hi Ilja,

BINGO!!! b3 was built with an OLDER macOS SDK and XCode!!

Doing a file comparison between b2 and b3 shows the following:

It appears that b2 was built with the following SDK:

<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
	<string>9F2000</string>
	<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
	<string>17E189</string>
	<key>DTSDKName</key>
	<string>macosx10.13</string>
	<key>DTXcode</key>
	<string>0941</string>
	<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
	<string>9F2000</string>

And b3 was built with an OLDER SDK:

<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
	<string>7D1014</string>
	<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
	<string>15E60</string>
	<key>DTSDKName</key>
	<string>macosx10.11</string>
	<key>DTXcode</key>
	<string>0731</string>
	<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
	<string>7D1014</string>

Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.