GarageSale 7 Beta 1 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

after 20 private Alpha releases, a public beta version of GarageSale 7, Beta 1, is available for you to download from this URL:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b1.zip

We’d appreciate your early feedback, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please give GarageSale 7 a try. Your GarageSale 6 installation will not be altered by trying out GarageSale 7.

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes for on the variation level
  • much more

What’s new since the last Alpha release

• with a listing selected in the outline view, you can issue a “Copy” command. You can then select one or more listings, invoke the “Paste” command and specify what components of the copied listings (shipping options, return options, etc.) should be applied to the selected listings.
  • fixed a bug that prevented exported GS 7 listings containing variations to be read back into the application
  • user can copy error messages from the Preflight and LaunchControl windows by right clicking them
  • fixed various label layout issues on OS X 10.10
  • disabled “smart quote” features for several text field that should accept HTML
  • most of the commands from the outline view’s context menu are now longer available when found listings are shown

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

Where does GarageSale 7 store it’s data

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

You can go to this folder by choosing “Show Library Folder” from the “Help” menu.

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

I was trying Garage Sale 7.0 Beta, i wanted try a list an item but i kept geting this Error message, no matter wwhat size i adjusted this error was still coming up

Garage Sale 7.0 Beta, Testing
When you click on Media you get an Empty box unless you drope an image or a file, it doesnt allow me to search my own pictures on my Mac Photoes or any other files i want to search unless you create a file and drop in media Box,

I love the GarageSale 7 Beta, faster and very smooth, but the app is so plain no colors :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you send me the image you are using in the listing? You can either attach it to this thread, or use the direct message feature of this forum.

That’s strange. The media browser is supposed to look like this: .

What version of OS X are you running? Also, can you please lookup the version of the Photos.app you have installed?

Hi ilja thank you for your response, these are the images, i have adjusted the size with diffrent pixels but still would work. Many Thanks

im runing OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3 (15D21) and im using Photos App wich comes with Mac Version1.3 (350.23.0) i can use this app on GarageSale Version 6.9.8b6 (631

I was able to upload your images to eBay with GS 7 without problems:

http://cgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110173683175

Maybe the image was altered through the upload/download process. Any chance you can export the original listing from GrageSale 7 and send it to me? Here is what you need to do:

• in GS 7, select the listing in the outline view
  • Choose “Export Listings” from the “File” menu
  • Enter a name for the exported listing and save it to your desktop
  • Right click the exported file and choose “Compress *” from the context menu to turn the exported package into a zip
  • attach the zip file to a reply to this post.

Thanks,
Ilja

Just to give you an Update after Resrating My Mac i can now confirm that the Media browser working fine , im now working on to send you zipe file it should be ready soon, also i do have a question- do i need to pay any update fees for GS7 ? can i just carry on using the GS 7 as normal ? or is this just testing the update version ?

Look for the very first post in this thread. The paragraph “Upgrades and Pricing” contains the necessary information.

I added some fall back mechanism, that might solve the image uploading issue in beta 2:

However, without your test data, I not 100% certain it will work. Please give it a try if you have the time.

i have ziped the file but the file im trying to upload is too big (maximum size is 10240kb) i was serching trough on google see if there is anyway in can minimize the Zip file but im not getting any further. or if you know any tips ?

i just listed an item on ebay with GS7 Link below pictures are working fine too, also i wanted Revise My Item Description but some reason it wont let me do any changes, do i have to go on ebay side to do Revise, because i have tried few diffrent Rivise options and im stuck on the same page and cant do any changes, mi doing somthing wrong ? i have large amount of stock coming next week, im not sure which one i want to use to list all my items weather GS 6 or GS 7 which is on Test at the moment, any advice ???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-SHREK-TRILOGY-SPECIAL-COLLECTION-S-EDITION-/301869786372?hash=item4648d76504:g:gesAAOSwG-1Wu5gJ

What’s happening exactly? Do you get an error message? Or is the revise panel just not doing anything?

Hi Ilja, Everything absolutely fine Revise is spot on no problem just had to figure out where the update button and how it works etc, i have spend many hours today and thank you for your support and help really aprricated, i love the new GS7 very friendly interface and ver smooth, i have just purchased the Garage pay, i love your work guys keep up with good work. just to one more think just give you feed back, are guys consdering creating and app like Scrolling Galley, which visitors can see other items its like Slidehow on the same page that can genarate great trafic for the sellers. i tought i better share with you guys.

Thank you all

Hello,

In “Smart Groups” listing section, 99% of my items appeared “Ready to ship” and sold but it’s wrong… (Damned !)
It’s marked “Waiting for payment” in Orders Section.
The design is nice but the application is too low to load different section or groups. (I have no problem with GS6 with that).

Regards,

Hi

I cant get the GS7 started however i can see the Menu Bar on the top it looks like the GS7 runing at background invisable, restarted my Mac and still i cant get it open and Menu Bars Remains on the top…!!!

Please restart your Mac and try restarting GarageSale. If it is still not fully coming up, can you please open the Console utility and look from output from GarageSale from the time you were trying to start it. Please keep that output and send it to me.

My guess is that you have resized the main window in a certain kind that breaks the layouting.

This sound like a bug in the GarageSale 6 importer to me. Any chance you can send us your GarageSale.sqlite file from GarageSale 6’s application support directory (thats’s your home folder under Library/Application Support/GarageSale – unless your are running the Mac App Store version)?