Inconsistencies detected with 9.3 & 9.4 B11

I have GS 9.3 (1516). I have a smart group and when I try to show the original, I get the above error. However, when I click on fix, GS will crash. Will 9.4 resolve my issue?

I upgraded to 9.4 B11 and still got this issue.

as well, I tried B12, and same issue

Did you receive the answer that I sent you for the support email you sent? About the crash ID? We need to get the “Crash ID” from the about panel to find more details about the crash you experience.

Thanks,
Paul

No, here is the partial crash dump as I can’t post the full report. Full report sent via email.

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: GarageSale [6653]
Path: /Applications/GarageSale.app/Contents/MacOS/GarageSale
Identifier: com.iwascoding.garagesale9
Version: 9.4b12 (1533)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2023-07-19 11:34:59.3972 -0700
OS Version: macOS 12.6.7 (21G651)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 7F0EDD6C-E822-033C-277E-62A8D5A7987F

Sleep/Wake UUID: C329EC2E-9DCC-4D88-8812-3823FC5D4290

Time Awake Since Boot: 45000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 310 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I got the error message when i clicked reveal original on my smart groups. I then click fix and it will crash (100% of the time)

Here is full dump, partial posted in forums because of length limitation.

If not done already can you sind Paul the Crash ID as requested earlier, please?
You can copy it from the About Garagesale window from the „Garagesale“ menu.

I sent him the crash report. GS crashed and was restarted. I captured this:

Can you please just copy the crash id for us? You dont want us to type each character one by one, right :smile:

Can you please try this version:

I did, it does not crash when I click fix, however, after I click fix and hit reveal original I get the message again. A second time I hit fix and it does not crash again, but when I then hit reveal original I get the message another time. Here is my about screen:

The items are not among my active items, I deleted them using my laptop (a different machine that uses the info. that was synchronized). I deleted the ‘sold’ smart group and recreated it, and these ‘phantom’ items returned and I had the same issue. I also stopped synchronization and then restarted it with no change. Here is my smart group (it’s very simple):

Crash id: 79b7fb50b6cc9ad9e26068d84e644f13

I don’t have synchronization turned on so my ghosts and wrong counts maybe were a different issue. An effective way to delete GHOSTS from smart groups

I already deleted and recreated the smart group and I also did the editing ‘trick’ shown, no luck in removing the ghosts. I’ve seen ghosts in the past when I delete some listings on my other machine, the synchronization doesn’t seem to fix them, but when I edit them (w/o changing entry) and save, the ghosts will go away, but now they don’t.

The entries that caused the issue were deleted from my other machine, and new items that were sold showed up and acted correctly. Paul or others on GS team is there a way I can resolve this, perhaps by forcing the DB to rebuild some other way?

Hi,

did you ever receive the emails from our support? Did you have a look into your junk mail folder?

It may help if I have access to your database. It would be helpful if you can upload a zipped version of the folder

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale9

to Dropbox or similiar.

Thanks,
Paul

No thanks for the update

Hi,

downloaded your data and I can reveal all 4 originals from this smart group:

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 09.36.41

Are you referring to any other listing or smart group?

Thanks,
Paul

Nope, just this one. The tatami one works, some of the others don’t. If it works for you then it must be a different version of MacOS, I am on Monterrey (12.6.7).