Preview Mode Isn't Working On Some Listings

I’m sorry for the repetition, but we went back and forth, I made a video to show the problem, and then, suddenly, I never heard back about the problem. And it’s still happening. Here is my original post, which describes the current situation:

> For no reason I can figure, one of my listings no longer shows in Preview mode.

> It’s fine in Life and fine in Editor mode, but all I want to do is switch position of the photos, which is far easier than dong it in Editor mode, at least it would be for me.

> Help?

It happens randomly, and always on listings that are not new. It seems they suddenly go awry.

Am I the only one with this problem? Is it entirely impossible to figure out?

Thanks.

Hi Michelle,

if you run into this issue the next time, please open “About GarageSale” from the GarageSale menu? Does it say “GarageSale 7.0.6b3” there?

Regards, Kristian

It does.

I will mention, in case it’s important, that the error happened after I updated, though the original listing was made before I updated.

When you open the Console utility (from /Application/Utilities), use the search field on the top right corner to filter for “GarageSale”, do you see any output from GarageSale when you click on the preview listing that doesn’t show?

Also, can you export the the listing, compress it as a .zip file and post it here. I can post detailed instructions, if you are unsure how to accomplish this.

I brought up the utility and filtered for GarageSale, but I think you lost me after that. I don’t think I understand what you mean when you said “do you see any output from GarageSale when you click on the preview listing that doesn’t show?”

Can you explain, please?

Also, I sent one already, and I made a video of same, but that’s when I stopped hearing from Support.

Can I just resend those?

If I remember correctly there was an issue with your listing containing your whole image library (3.9 GB).
If you export one of the listings in question with GarageSale 7.0.6b4 is that exported listing still that large? You can check it by selecting it in the Finder and hitting cmd-i

Regards, Kristian

Oh, no. It’s not even close to 3 gigs.

This one is 11.1 G. Or more accurately, 11,072,867,373 bytes.

You might remember that on the one I was having the problem with last time, I mentioned that it appeared to have every photograph I’d ever put into GS? Well, I haven’t looked because that’s a wicked huge file, but I’m going to guess that it’s still doing that, but there are more than 1,000 photos since then.

We’d really to get to the bottom of this. If we’d mail you an USB stick, could you copy your GarageSale library onto the stick and mail it back to us?

Absolutely! I’d like to find out what’s wrong as well.

Am I the only one who has ever mentioned this problem?

Can you please check the size of the com.iwascoding.garagesale7 folder under Library/Containers in your home directory, so we can sent you a large enough stick?

I’m aware of another customer who is having the same issue.

3.53 GB.

3.5 GB doesn’t sound like too much. Unless you are on a very slow internet connection, it should be feasible to upload it to Dropbox over night.

How big is this folder, if you compress it as a zip file?

The problem isn’t slowness. It’s that the listing file is more than 11 gigs, and It cannot be previewed. Or uploaded as a relisted item. And the photograph, according to GS/eBay, cannot be found.

Again: The LISTING is 11+gigs.

Here is a very short, no-sound video of the display of contents, which is quite likely causing my problem, which is that the photo goes away and I cannot preview it or relist it.

Video Tour of the Contents

The com.iwascoding.garagesale7 folder when it’s compressed is 2.82 gigs.

Can you please upload the compressed file via this link:

And please also let me know the name of a listing that is acting weird when exporting or looking at the preview.

Sure. The com.iwscoding.garagesale7 file from Library/Containers (3.5 gig)?

Or the one of just one listing (11.1 gigs)?

Yes, please upload the 3.5 Gigs of the complete library folder. Hopefully I can see what’s causing the big exported file. And don’t forget to let me know the name of a listing for which you saw the big file when exporting.

Ilja, I started loading the fild a bit more than 2 hours ago.

Now, I don’t care, really, how long it takes, but I’m a bit worried that something must be wrong…

It’s 14% uploaded now.