Idea: Forum category to share smart groups

With all the latest updates to smart groups (thanks GS team), it would be nice if we had a place on the forum for people to share smart groups they are using. Either a new category or expand the Example Scripts category to include smart groups. Just an idea.

p.s. i have no good ones to share, I just want to learn how to use them more effectively, as the example scripts certainly helps with my own scripts.

-Dave

1 Like

Good idea. Here is my list that grows 1 or 2 a week. See my other post about a library to create and recreate smart groups. https://help.iwascoding.com/t/garagesale-9-6-beta-5/8644

1 Like

Yea, I have 144 Smart Groups… :slight_smile:

Neal

3 Likes

Now imagine losing them… That’s why I am asking for a quick way to back them up or make new easily and add 1 more attribute or make a change

This is a good point to re-up my request for folders of Smart Groups in the interface, so we can organize them. I’d like to use them for inventory location sorting, for instance.

2 Likes

I think a warning like “do you really want to delete the smart folder selected” might be a good solution to avoid this problem, when you mistakenly press on delete button.
I don’t have so many smart folders to share, but those I have are necessary for checking shipping option (registered mail over 100€ and priority over 20€), for listings with more unit available and for filtering sales from SKU, to have a real report of auctions’ income. The only pity is in order section, the smart folder for “unpaid” orders is now useless, since the bug of doubled orders after updating invoice in ebay site (see here Still doubled orders bug after invoice updated in ebay). Now I have something like 400 doubled orders I should check and delete one by one. All due to this bug I reported time ago and that is still not fixed. Apart this, the rest of work is fine with smart folder.

1 Like

Beta 7 now shows an alert panel before deleting smart groups:

1 Like

@ilja anything about this bug?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.